Friday 25 March 2011

Personal Project. Replica

So it came to be I'm at the end of my wonderful journey with UEL. As I graduating student I have to develop a personal project. I’d like to create a Graphic Novel which will take on problems of being burned out, life crisis. The script is written by a film director Martyn Holemes student of MA Creative Writing course. Since childhood I loved comic books and on the first year of my study I have made my first graphic novel. It was a challenge which has awaken a real passion for creative storytelling and it has been influencing my University experience ever since.
The story Martyn has been developing for this project fits closely with my own interest of spirituality, life choices and their consequences, and rediscovering oneself. The visual inspiration is deeply submerged in works of Amano and Shaun Tan, illustrators I admire for their unique and surreal style delivered to the highest standard. For the images inspiration I want to explore the National Gallery and its vast collection of symbolic and archetypal painting from various centuries. I also want to extract certain qualities from Gauguin, Klimt and ukiyo-e printmaker Utamaro masterpieces. 

Here you can have a first glimpse of my mood boards and some character development. I won't share the story just yet....and let you, my Dear Reader to imagine, think, guess and get curious.



Hmmm...after this you probablt think...it might be anything, right? Lets see if this helps....









No comments:

Post a Comment