Tuesday 15 March 2011

Watercolour. Tate britain

I woke up yesterday to a beautiful sun and decided I won't spend another day glued into my desk working on 100th version of my project. No, I need to smell the Spring (well the London version at least). With a rough idea of a few exhibitions in town I've decided the Watercolour at Tate Britain will be nice and useful in context of my final uni project - Graphic Novel.
It's an extensive presentation, telling the story of watercolour throughout the ages. When did it start, how it developed, what are the basic materials and tools, and what is the modern take on it? The little booklet which comes with the ticket have a useful glossary where you can encrypt the watercolour medium yourself.
I always liked using this medium but after this show I've got better recognition that I do need a course which would let me take the whole advantage of it. Such a workshops are provided by Chelsea College of Art during summer period, but it comes with a cost around £400/4days.
Watercolour is simple to apply if you need fast colouring, shadow or 3D effect. It's easy to handle even ifyou haven't done it before.
Here are some of the artworks on the display in Tate: 
John Frederic Lewis ' Hhareem Life, Constantinople 1857'
Anish Kapoor 'Untitled 1990'
Plus some of mine own watercolours.

No comments:

Post a Comment